Any time I see a jaw-droppingly beautiful designed and styled bathroom, aside from the obvious brilliant architectural combinations, there are usually a handful of meticulously chosen accessories that finish the space to perfection. Here are two mesmerizing examples in my eyes:
Did you notice all of the makeup and hair products all over the vanity? Or bleached out towels from Kohls? Or what about a bottle of bright pink grapefruit soap in a plastic bottle? NO. You didn’t. Because to make any space feel clean and sophisticated, you need to hide that junk. Nothing says “I have my s*** together” like a well organized and precisely styled vanity. Not only will your guests see this, but you’ll start to believe it, too! I literally feel like my life has fallen apart after I moved our vanity tray to the river house. Like, really. So here are 7 KEY items that you can use to make your bathroom feel like the sophisticated, high-fashion label wearing, domestic diva you always knew you were:
- A TRAY (even very small vanities can support one, if done in the right mini size!)
- A fancy SOAP PUMP – the Aesop ones you see in designers’ spaces on Pinterest will run you a least a bill. $$$
- Pretty JARS – for cotton balls, Q-tips, etc… but please don’t put your frayed toothbrushes in them. Gross… who knows what might happen to them when you’re not looking.
- BUD VASE– with fresh flowers, try to avoid the silks; they just collect dust. Look for heartier types (almost the bouquet-fillers) that will last almost a month if you change the water once a week!
- CATCH ALL– this mostly goes for master bathrooms. It’s a place you can throw your everyday watch or jewelry in while you shower. Nice to have.
- FRESH, STYLISH HAND TOWELS– Obviously Turkish towels have been all the rage for a few years, but you can also venture out of the trend and create your own style! Anything with a pattern or embroidered detail (that’s clean) should do the trick. I’d just try to avoid the embroidered ribbon detail, if you want my two cents.
- An appropriate sized RUG, or RUGS- We all wish we could afford a vintage Anatolian runner, but if your whole design budget would be eaten up by a floor covering, there are still plenty of options! Find a rug with texture, pattern and maybe even some color, but make sure it remains understated. You want it to tie the space together, not be an obnoxious focal point.
Here’s the kicker, you can get all of this stuff at the click of a mouse and sometimes the same day (yay Prime!) right off of good old Amazon! No need to swipe the same predictable stuff everyone else already has from Target and add another $150 to your receipt, or spend weeks trying to pull affordable items together from Home Goods- it never works anyway.
Here’s two looks, the links, and the total bill!
(before tax & shipping, sorry, but shouldn’t be much):
In all of our busy lives, I hope I just saved you a bunch of time and your toothbrush from being contaminated. I do it ‘cuz I love you. Have a great weekend, friends!